Dual-layer display structure
Developed in pursuit
Display style selectable
The dual-layer face features overlapping monochrome and color LCDs.
The monochrome LCD shows the time clearly, even in direct sunlight,
while the color LCD displays measurement information and apps in richly expressive color.
Using the two displays separately assures excellent visibility all the time.
And the ability to choose between two display styles depending
on the circumstances assures optimal use in any situation.
Connect to a smartphone,
and present various functions in color.
- Rich, highly detailed display
- When using apps or posting information
them to suit
Energy-saving normal timekeeping display.
Functions as a standard watch.
- Clear visibility even in bright outdoor sunlight
- Continuous time display including seconds
[ 2Layers ]
Choose between two different digital displays for easy time-checking anytime.
The time is displayed constantly in digital format on the large, high-visibility face.
When no operation is being conducted, it switches automatically to the monochrome display.
This is ideal for those who like to keep track of the time when engaging in either outdoor or everyday activities.
Two display settings, "bright" and "dark," are available.
Choose the one that suits you best.
Battery life approx. 2.5 days or longer*1
Switches to monochrome display automatically when no operation in progress.
Battery life extended.
If no operation is conducted for a certain period of time with “Always-on screen" set to OFF, the color LCD turns off temporarily. The face switches automatically to the monochrome LCD with its continuous time display. Efficient use of the energy-saving monochrome display enables longer battery operation between charges.
Color LCD Auto OFF
- Select the Settings menu.
- Tap “Always-on screen” to switch ON→OFF.
Battery life approx. 3.5 days or longer*1
Manual button operation switching between color and monochrome LCDs.
Easy use in response to the conditions.
Simple button operation turns the color LCD and notifications OFF and calls up the full-time monochrome timekeeping display. This display switching eliminates concerns about distracting others with screen backlight alerts or notification vibrations in situations such as movie screenings or meetings.
- Press the Home button 2 times to switch to the Theater Mode.
- Press the Home button again to return to the color display.
Battery life 1 month or longer*1
Continuous monochrome timekeeping display for smart energy savings.
Ideal for long-term use as a standard watch.
Displaying the time only on the monochrome LCD, with smartphone communication and the color LCD switched OFF, reduces power consumption considerably. The watch can be used as outdoor gear for extended periods during treks, for instance, and converted to a standard watch to save battery power when stopping for the night.
- Select Timepiece in the menu.
- Tap the Timepiece Mode confirmation screen.
From outdoor tool to standard watch.
Modes selectable in to suit the place and purpose of use.
Mode comparison chart
|Battery life *1||Approx. 1 day
|Approx. 2.5 days
|Approx. 3.5 days
|Approx. 1 month
|Display||No display *||No display *||—|
- * Text (notification card) is displayed when the screen is switched to the color LCD.
- *1 Varies with the usage environment.
- *2 Android Wear must be turned off when displaying the time only in the Timepiece Mode.
- * Android, Google and other company or product names are trademarks of Google Inc.