The current location is determined
Built in low-power GPS
Supports positioning data from three satellites
(American GPS, Russian GLONASS and Japanese “MICHIBIKI” QZSS).
Steadily receives positioning data and displays your
current position on a full-color map.
Full-color map display
The current location is determined based on
positioning information received from GPS satellites
and displayed on a high-resolution full-color map.
Offline map usage capability
Map data downloading is handled through a tie-up with MapBox,
a supplier of map data for countries worldwide.
The map data can be displayed even
when the user’s smartphone is offline or out of range
of mobile device radio wave transmissions.
- * Visuals are graphic images
Original watch face linked
with GPS function
Journey shows a map of the current location in the background of the analog-style watch display. When the user saves events with locations to Google Calendar, the watch displays up to three upcoming events and maps of the scheduled destinations. Users can save destinations beforehand from an itinerary, such as outdoor destinations or sightseeing spots, so that they always have a view of the next destination to look forward to and a map to guide them.
The Place watch face is based on a map display, and can show a map that includes the location of events scheduled in Google Calendar, as well as your current position, on the watch face. Furthermore, the smaller dials support the complication functionality of Wear OS by Google, allowing you to customize the information that appears on the watch face, such as altitude, atmospheric pressure, and remaining battery charge, as well as data from apps by Google or third parties.
An advanced watch face is realized through a design representing the GPS and map functions and animation of the map display.
Traveler enables the user to switch the type of information displayed
in the window in the lower part of the watch face,
and to launch the corresponding app just by tapping the watch face of the device.
Choose among various face designs
Journey NEW* Release scheduled
on March 16.
Personalized map management
Linkage between the GPS function and the full-color map enables accurate display
of your current location.
You can display the route of your activities, record specified points and discover
a wide range of other uses for your outdoor activities.
- * This app’s functionality is limited when connected to an iOS device.
Determine your current location.
Your current location is displayed on the color map
for easy confirmation anytime.
- * In places where signals cannot reach your smartphone, it is necessary to download maps in advance via Wi-Fi.
* When connected to an iOS device, it is necessary to download maps in advance via Wi-Fi.
Write memos on the map.
You can also display footprints of your actions,
record markers on the map or use voice input to make notes.*
- * Requires connection to a smartphone for voice input to make notes. Cannot be used in areas where cellular service cannot reach.
Alter the map to suit your purposes.
Prepare a variety of map designs. Then choose the one you want
depending on the type of activity and purpose of use.
- ©Mapbox ©OpenStreetMap
- * Android, Wear OS by Google, Google, Google Play and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC.
- * IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. of the United States.
- * Other service and product names are, in general, trademarks or registered trademarks of the companies concerned.
- * The contents of this page are current as of February 10, 2017. Product specifications and service contents are subject to change without notice.